• 1-1/2 cups Rice, washed and soaked
• 1 cup Green Double Beans (Surti Papdi)
• 2 Cloves
• 2 Cinnamon Sticks
• 2 tbsp Ghee
• Salt to taste
• ½ cup Coriander Leaves
• I tsp Ginger, grated
• 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
• 3 Green Chilies
• ¼ cup Green Garlic
How to make Lilva Rice:
• Make a fine paste of coriander leaves, ginger, garlic and green chilies. Add lemon juice to this paste
• Heat ghee in a pan and add cloves and cinnamon to it. Now add rice and mix it well by stirring.
• Add boiled beans, freshly prepared paste, salt and four cups of warm water into the rice. Mix well the entire content.
• Transfer this mixture into an earthen pot.
• Place the earthen pot for 30 minutes in a preheated oven at about 200º C /400° F.
• Take out the pot and serve the hot and spicy Lilva Rice with kadi.