4 Eggs (hard boiled)
1/2 tomato (pureed)
3-4 flakes of garlic
1/2-inch piece of ginger
1-2 green chilies
2tbsp chopped coriander leaves
Salt to taste
Red chili powder to taste
3/4th tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
3/4tsp garam masala
2-3 tbsp vegetable oil / ghee
1 cup green peas or 250 gms paneer
Method to ma
ke this recipe:
* Remove the shell of boiled eggs & keep aside. If using Paneer cut into cubes and fry till golden & set aside for later use.
* Make a paste of onion, garlic, ginger and green chilies in a mixer or chopper.
* Heat oil in a kadhi or wok and add onion-garlic paste and fry till golden brown.
* Add all the spices (salt, turmeric, coriander & chili powder) except garam masala and fry for a minute and add tomato puree. Fry till it starts leaving oil.
* Add a cup of water and cook till it dry's.
* Now add the fried paneer cubes or green peas (which ever using) and boiled eggs.
* Add 1 cup of water and bring to boil and reduce the flame.
* Simmer for 10 minutes.
* Garnish with garam masala and coriander leaves and serve daal shorba hot with paratha, roti or rice.