2 cups semolina (sooji, rava)
1/2 cup rice (chawal) flour
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/4 tsp asafoetida
salt (namak) to taste
1 inch ginger (adrak)
4 green chillies
10-12 curry leaves (kari patta)
1/4 cup coconut (narial) (scraped)
2 tblsp peppercorns
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 tblsp vegetable fat (ghee)
refined oil (tel) to fry
How to make rava dosai:
* Blend rava, rice flour and buttermilk to make a thin batter, add asafoetida and required salt. Stand the batter for at least 6 hours.
* Wash and finely chop the ginger, green chillies and curry leaves. Chop the coconut and cashew nut into very small bits.
* Crush the peppercorns and cumin seeds. Heat the ghee and roast peppercorn and cumin seeds in it and add to the batter.
* Mix the chopped greens, coconut and cashew into the batter. Stir well.
* Grease a non-stick tawa, smear little oil. Pour a ladle full of the batter and spread by swirling the tava.
* Pour a tablespoon oil around and on the dosa.
* Cook till it is crisp and golden in color. Remove and serve hot.