Making time: 20 minutes (excluding soaking time)
Makes: 15 vadas (approx.)
Ingredients for Masala Vada:
* 1 cup yellow gram (chana) dak
* 1/2 cup onion finely chopped
* 1/2 cup coriander finely chopped
* 1/2 cup dill leaves finely chopped
* 3-4 green chillies finely chopped
* 1/2 tsp. cumin seeds
* oil to deep fry
Directions for making Masala Vada:
1. Wash and soak dal for 3-4 hours.
2. Keep 2 tbsp. dal aside, grind the rest, coarsely.
3. Mix all other ingredients, including whole dal.
4. Add 2-3 tbsp. hot oil to the mixture.
5. Heat oil, make pattie shaped rounds with moist palm.
6. Let carefully into the hot oil.
7. Fry first one side then the other till golden brown.
8. Serve hot with green chutney, tamarind chutney, or ketchup.
9. Enjoy your Masala Vada.