1 cup butter
2 tsp vanilla
3 cup sugar
3 cup flour
1 cup finely chopped walnuts
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup milk
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup shortening
How to make walnut palm cake:
* In a bowl beat the butter and the shortening very thoroughly till the mixture is creamy.
* Then add sugar 1/2 cup at a time and beat till very light.
* Now add eggs one at a time beating thoroughly after each addition.
* Now add 2 cups flour alternately with milk and vanilla.
* Finely add 1 cup flour containing salt and baking powder.
* Add in the finely chopped walnuts.
* Pour this mixture in a pan which has been lightly greased and flour.
* Bake this pan in cold oven on middle shelf and turn on the oven to 350 degrees F.
* Let the pan baked for 1 1/4 hour and then take out the pan from the oven and let the cake cool in the pan on wire rack.